10x System Scale
10x System Scale is a mod that seeks to make the galaxy feel larger, more diverse, and a tad more realistic than in vanilla.
- Solar systems:
- Scales up solar systems to (you guessed it) ten times their vanilla size. This is a purely cosmetic change: ships will cross the space just as quickly as in vanilla.
- Your starting solar system can now have additional habitable planets.
- Increases the number of moons that planets can have.
- Primitives can now spawn on moons, and in binary or trinary systems. Their homeworld will also have a name, unless they're a Stone Age civilization.
- Adds dozens of new combinations of binary and trinary systems, documented below.
- Brown Dwarfs can now spawn as their own planetary systems, instead of being limited to binary or trinary systems, and can also occasionally have ring systems.
- Adds White Dwarfs to the game, and changes Sirius B and Procyon B to that class.
- Adds O-type stars to the game. These are rare and have no habitable planets, but they do have huge energy deposits.
- Adds Ice Giants to the game, and changes Uranus, Neptune, Olympus, and Hyperion to that class. Uranus now has a ring system.
- The K/F and G/F binary systems are now K/White Dwarf and G/White Dwarf.
- Red Giants are scaled up to look more impressive compared to Red Dwarfs.
- Adds Class K Orange Giants to the game, supplementing the M Giants already present.
- Adds quaternary, quintenary, and sextenary systems.
- Adds a number of new unique solar systems for galactic variety.
- Reworks many vanilla solar systems into binary or trinary systems.
- More Fallen Empires can have Ecumenopolises as their capital planets.
- The guaranteed habitable world at Alpha Centauri can now orbit Proxima Centauri instead of star A. Primitives can also rarely spawn in the system if guaranteed habitable worlds are turned off.
- Bugfix: the M/G binary system is now M Giant/G, and the G/M/K trinary system is now G/K/M.
- Gateways and L-Gates now directly orbit planets and are no longer adrift in the outskirts of a system.
- Ringworlds can now be built in binary/trinary/etc systems. They will only consume the planets directly orbiting them; habitats orbiting one such planet will lose any special deposits they get from "mining" the planet.
- Repairing Ringworlds is now done through a planetary decision. The requirements are identical to those in vanilla.
- Dyson spheres can now be built in binary/trinary/etc systems. They will, for the most part, only freeze the planets directly orbiting them, although if you build one around a star that has both S-type and P-type planets, the P-type ones will cool down slightly as a result.
- Matter Decompressors can now be built in binary/trinary/etc systems, as well as solar systems that have been blessed by The Worm and become Black Holes.
- Mega Shipyards can now be built in binary/trinary/etc systems, as well as Black Hole, Neutron Star, and Pulsar systems.
New Binary and Trinary Star Classes
A lot of new combinations of binary and trinary stars have been added.
Quaternary, Quintenary, and Sextenary Star Classes
A handful of quaternary, quintenary, and sextenary stars have been added as well.
This mod edits the following files in the common folder, and should be funtionally compatible with any mods that don't touch them.
megastructures 00_ring_world.txt 01_dyson_sphere.txt 02_spy_orb.txt 03_think_tank.txt 06_matter_decompressor.txt 07_strategic_coordination_center.txt 08_mega_art_installation.txt 09_interstellar_assembly.txt habitats.txt planet_classes 00_planet_classes.txt solar_system_initializers ancient_relics_system_initializers_david.txt ancient_relics_system_initializers_dee.txt ancient_relics_system_initializers_miranda.txt ancrel_initializers_henrik.txt apocalypse_initializers.txt crisis_initializers.txt custom_starting_systems.txt distant_stars_initializers.txt empire_initializers.txt fallen_empire_initializers.txt hostile_system_initializers.txt leviathans_system_initializers.txt marauder_initializers.txt megacorp_intializers.txt misc_system_initializers.txt prescripted_species_systems.txt special_system_initializers.txt utopia_initializers.txt star_classes 00_star_classes.txt
Mods that add new solar systems will work, but there may be some visual weirdness: moons will appear to have much wider orbits, ringworlds may have gaps in them, etc.