- For the full Terms and Conditions of the Paradox Wikis contest please visit here
The wiki will run a contest to celebrate the release of "Federations" starting on 2020-03-17 at 20:00 CET till 2020-03-26 at 20:00 CET.
Users can enter the contest by contributing to the wiki during that time span. Various actions give tickets; the more tickets one amassed, the more likely one is to win.
The three users with the most tickets will each get to pick their product(s) of choice from the Paradox Web Store up to the amount they won:
- 1st place can pick at an amount up to $60 - Won by Elfiwolfe (207 tickets)
- 2nd place can pick at an amount up to $40 - Won by Dazz (44 tickets)
- 3rd place can pick at an amount up to $20 - Won by Voy (39 tickets)
Notes: Can be used for any combination of digital goods (regular retail prices) in a single occurrence, does not apply to physical goods, winner's product keys will be delivered by Paradox Wikis moderator SolSys.
Rules and guidelines
- Paradox Wikis administrator SolSys decides whether a raffle ticket has been earned based on the guidelines below.
- Members of the Paradox Wikis team (administrators, moderators, halfops) cannot enter the contest.
- The competition is open for anyone around the world aged 16 or above. Entrants under the age of 18 require parental consent to participate.
- All entrants must register an account on the wiki; anonymous edits are not counted unless they can be clearly connected to a registered user (E.G., in cases where the user was accidentally logged out).
- Any action on the list undertaken between the start and the end of the contest will earn tickets.
- The entrant must have access to the email address they've defined for their account, as prizes will be sent via email. Note that by default the Paradox Account email address is used.
- If you have changed the email address of your Paradox Account since registering on the Paradox Wikis, you should update your email address on the wikis. Otherwise, it may take longer than normal for you to receive your prize(s) if you were to win.
- Any vandalism will cause all raffle tickets earned by the entrant to be forfeit.
- Entrants should read the style guidelines in order to ensure their edits are up to the wiki's standards. Edit summaries are encouraged, but not required except where otherwise specified.
- For the full Terms and Conditions of the Paradox Wikis contest please visit here.
- All tickets are provisional until the contest starts and edits made in advance can change the values below
A large variety of tasks will earn you tickets; everything from updating pages, to writing strategies, to modding information, to creating pages on new features. All tasks are listed below.
Anything that involves the creation of a new page or section assumes that the resulting page is rated B or above, and has no resulting ambox requests (
Any task that gives "at minimum" a number of tickets can give more than that number if the quality and/or thoroughness of the writing is higher than expected.
The first three tasks give more tickets the more outdated the page/section/infobox is. The base ticket amount is multiplied according to the following table:
|1.5 & 1.6 & 1.9||10|
- Important: When updating an article/section/infobox do not remove versioning tags. Instead, set the version number to the updated version. This will make it stop displaying until a newer version is released.
- Version 1.7 was never officially released and Version 2.6 is the current version.
- Ensure that pages are up to date. See outdated pages for a list of potentially outdated articles. If no changes are necessary for the page to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on its Talk page. This gives a base amount of 1 ticket per page updated
- Ensure that page sections are up to date. See outdated sections for a list of pages with potentially outdated sections. If no changes are necessary for the section to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on the page's Talk page. This gives a base amount of 0.25 ticket per section updated.
- Ensure that infoboxes are up to date. See outdated infoboxes for a list of pages with potentially outdated infoboxes. If no changes are necessary for the infobox to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on the page's Talk page. This gives a base amount of 1 ticket per 10 infoboxes updated.
- Improving an article by such an extent that it is reassessed at a higher level. See Category:Articles by quality for information on how assessment works. This gives at minimum 2 tickets
- Write a page about an important modding concept. This gives at minimum 4 tickets
- Other improvements to the wiki give tickets based on the judgement of the person assigning tickets. Content additions, structure improvements, and grammar improvements are prime examples of contributions that'd fall under this
The Beginner's guide page is one of the most useful pages on the wiki for new players and as such it offers the most tickets. Up to 30 tickets can be gained by updating the page, depending on writing style, and additional tickets can be obtained by improving the guide.
All mechanics pages require updating, any difference between ticket total and breakdown is the update the page requires.
|Page||Version||Required changes||Tickets breakdown||Total tickets|
|Mechanics||2.5||~||Add descriptions of existing mechanics (2 each), Add mechanics to the list (2 each)|
|Ethics||2.5||Update to 2.6||8|
|Traits||2.5||Update to 2.6||4|
|Population modification||2.5||Update to 2.6||4|
|Exploration||2.5||Update to 2.6||8|
|FTL||2.5||Update to 2.6||4|
|Anomalies||2.5||Update to 2.6||4|
|Celestial body||2.5||Update to 2.6||6|
|Spaceborne aliens||2.5||Update to 2.6||8|
|Crisis||2.5||Update to 2.6||10|
|Events||2.5||Update to 2.6||4|
|Fallen Empires||2.5||Update to 2.6||10|
|Pre-FTL species||2.5||Update to 2.6||6|
|Colonization||2.5||Update to 2.6||4|
|Terraforming||2.5||Update to 2.6||4|
|Empire||2.5||Update to 2.6||10|
|Government||2.5||Update to 2.6||10|
|Policies||2.5||Update to 2.6||10|
|Edicts||2.5||Update to 2.6||8|
|Leader||2.5||Update to 2.6||4|
|Factions||2.5||Update to 2.6||8|
|Population||2.5||Update to 2.6||10|
|Economy||2.5||Update to 2.6||6|
|Buildings||2.5||Update to 2.6||12|
|Technology||2.5||Update to 2.6||16|
|Traditions||2.5||Update to 2.6||8|
|Diplomacy||2.5||Update to 2.6||14|
|Subject empire||2.5||Update to 2.6||8|
|Federations||2.5||Update to 2.6||Update the Federation Laws tables: 12||16|
|Trade||2.5||Update to 2.6||6|
|AI personalities||2.5||Update to 2.6||12|
|Warfare||2.5||Update to 2.6||Update the Casus Belli and Wargoals table: 8||12|
|Space warfare||2.5||Update to 2.6||4|
|Land warfare||2.5||Update to 2.6||4|
|Ship designer||2.5||Update to 2.6||Add Juggernaut stats: 6||8|
|Ship||2.5||Update to 2.6||Add Juggernaut section: 4||8|
|Starbase||2.5||Update to 2.6||8|
|Modding||2.5||Update to 2.6||4|
|Downloadable content||2.5||Update to 2.6||4|
|Achievements||2.5||Update to 2.6||2|
|User interface||2.5||Update to 2.6||10|
High value tasks
These tasks are of high importance to the wiki and as such are worth more than their components would be.
- Mechanics navbox
- Move Game concepts navbox to Mechanics navbox 1
- Apply Mechanics navbox to all Mechanics page 1 per 5 pages
- Identify any missing mechanics pages from the newly moved navbox and add them 1 per mechanic correctly added.
- Update technology pages (per info in
- Update Event modding: 20
- Update Conditions#Trigger_list using the trigger docs provided by the developers: 20
- Add new events from files in
Stellaris\eventsfolder. 2 per event sheet correctly added.
- Integrate event descriptions into a standard format using an existing or new event template. Use
Stellaris\eventsfolder for reference. Tickets will be given per event. Consider using the same design as Precursor events 1.
- Update the following event pages to 2.6:
- Console pages
- Create Console version categories and suggest edits to the Template:Console_Version to move these pages out of the main version categories: 30
- Fix links to all Orphan pages : 1 each
There are several pages on the wiki which have been tagged as needing expansion. The tickets below do not include bonuses for updating a page so an entrant will be awarded more tickets if they update the page too.
|Gameplay modding||5 + 5 more for putting into a table|
For most of the above, no report of the action is necessary. A descriptive edit summary is enough. Please only contact the overseeing moderator about tickets if you've got any complaints about the # of tickets given, if 72 or more hours after your actions you've yet to receive any tickets, or for the circumstances described below. Questions about anything else are welcome at any time and will be answered as soon as possible.
All earned tickets are be listed below on a per-user basis. There is no need to notify overseeing moderator that one is entering the contest (except for the specific contributions mentioned above); it is assumed everyone wants a chance at winning a prize.
If you believe you have made a significant contribution ("Other significant improvements to the wiki"), or that your ticket-earning contributions have been missed, this can be reported at User talk:SolSys.
Fractional tickets are only used for accounting progress towards an entrant's next ticket. In the raffle, ticket numbers are always rounded down.
- When updating content remember to also update the accompanying version tag (do not delete them).
- When updating old articles refer to changes from past patches as well (not just the last one).