Stellaris' Interface, also called user interface (UI), or graphical user interface (GUI), has a number of specific screens and visual elements. This article will focus on the pragmatic purpose and utility of the interface (as opposed to the stylistic elements).
- 1 Government
- 2 Diplomacy
- 3 Log views
- 4 Market
- 5 Planets and sectors
- 6 Expansion planner
- 7 Policies
- 8 Edicts
- 9 Traditions and relics
- 10 Ship designer view
- 11 Fleet manager
- 12 Technology view
- 13 Factions
- 14 Claims
- 15 Species
- 16 Leaders
The government screen presents information regarding the empire and its government. The player can find here:
- The current ruler and their traits.
- The empire's ethics and civics. Note: Unlike civics, an ethics change requires major ethics shift within the populace first.
- Authority type and next election date or next heir (if imperial)
- The Empire cohesion
- Reform government - Change at any point the empire's authority type and civics for an influence cost (available options depend on ethics and other criteria)
- Any modifiers currently affecting the empire
- Elections occur in Democratic, Oligarchic, Dictatorial and Corporate authority type governments
- Election cycle depend on authority type
- During elections the player is presented with a list of candidates (faction leaders)
- Candidates - Displays information about backing faction, leader level, traits, current position (if holds one), Agenda/Mandate (authority type dependent) and election chance
- The player may choose to interject and support a specific leader for an influence cost
The demographics tab keeps track of the empire's populace. The player can find here:
- Pie chart showcasing the species division within the empire
- The dominant species as well as the traits among the empire's pops
- Modifiers affecting the empire's pops (such as Pop growth and bonus to the production of resources)
The advisor tab allows to change the voice of the narrator to better represent the player's empire
- There are a total of 17 different types of voices
- Main article: Diplomacy interface
In the Contacts screen the player can see a detailed list of all the various Empires he or she has encountered. Additionally, the player can also find previously encountered enclaves and speical empires (such as end game crysis) here. Empires with the Transcendence ascension perk, which have completed the "Breaching the Shroud" special event (see Shroud events) can also access the Shroud via this screen.
The Anomalies log displays a list of all currently available anomalies that were discovered and left behind, along with information about their difficult level.
The Victory screen shows the current rank of every know empire. It is possibile (during the creation of the map) to set the year (usually 2500) where the first one of the list wins the game. The player should try to climb it, to ensure that the legacy of his star nation will endure for as long as there is intelligent life in the galaxy.
The Market tab displays all current tradable resources along with their conversion rate. In the top right it's shown the current Market Leader while in the bottom right of the tab the player can set automated monthly trades
The Slave market tab shows all available slave pop that anyone can buy or set free on a specific owned planet. It also show all trait of the specific slave pop
Planets and sectors
This tab allows the player to manage the multitude of planets through sectors, reducing the micromanagement. Every line shows the name of that sector, his governor, his productions and the local stockpile, clicking on it expands the window, listing all the planets in that sector. It is possible to send resources from the empire stockpile to the shared stockpile through this tab.
The expansion planner shows all known habitable planets that have not already been colonized. You can use this to find planets and colonize them clicking on them.
Traditions and relics
The Traditions tab will allow you to go use your earned unity points to gain traditions which give your empire various stat increases and eventually leading up to Ascension Perks which will give your empire great benefits and improvements.
This tab shows all Relics recovered as well as minor artifacts and their possible uses
Ship designer view
- Main article: Ship designer
All the Ships in use within the empire are designed here. New Hull Sizes and Components will be unlocked as new technologies are discovered.
Through the fleet manager tab the player can manage all the Empire fleets.
- All the fleets are listed on the top side of the tab, as well as an allert about the current status of the reinforcement.
- On the left side are shown the current status of the selected fleet. Their admiral and current order are also there.
- On the bottom side it can be found and modifiied the template of the selected fleet along with the Home base.
- At last, on the right side are listed the build queue of the ships.
The Technology screen is where we will be directing our research efforts. Technologies are categorized into three different fields, with each field typically having three available research options. We can research technologies without assigning a Scientist to the relevant field, but this will take significantly longer and is generally not recommended!
The Factions tab provides an overview of the populace's political groupings, and allows the player to hear their Demands. The player can also see a faction's happiness, effects, and size. He or she can also choose to promote or suppress the faction. Every faction will give an amount of influence based on their support from the population and approval of the government actions.
Here are listed all the available Claims, besides, on the map, we'll be able to click on specific systems in order to expand our list of claims in exchange of Influence
- Genetic Modification
We can genetically engineer this species, modifying their Traits.