Patch 1.7.X are all patches beginning with 1.7.
Note: Aside from the MP aspect it is a direct continuation of the 1.6 branch.
Patch 1.7, aka "Bradbury", was initially released as a beta patch on 2017-05-16 with the checksum a220.
The 1.7 branch introduces the new multiplayer system, which uses in-house architecture which will allow for better speed and stability over time. This has been designed and built from the ground up to enable greater control over the multiplayer elements of the games going forward, so we can ensure the best experience for you.
It features in-game chat and friends adding for all Paradox account holders, and many more cool things to come. As a living project it will be continuously improved.
Patch 1.7.2 was released on 2017-06-15 with the checksum 5030.
- Fixed starvation having no effect on happiness and growth
- Fixed drain Sector resources function not working with <200 Influence
- Stopped AI from nonsensically terraforming its planets and wasting a ton of resources
- Fixed Xenophile Factions wrongly considering robots to be "alien slaves"
- Fixed pre-sentients wrongly counting as slaves for the Xenoist faction
- Fixed Governing Ethics Attraction having no effect
- Fixed Devouring Swarms being able to conduct diplomacy with Enclaves
- Fixed issue preventing you from attacking the Unbidden Portal despite destroying the Anchors first
- Fixed rare crash when a threat was added
- Fixed crash when starting terraforming
- Fixed crash in swarm AI fleet update
- Fixed crash in swarm AI when a planet was destroyed
- Fixed crash when starting the game with mods that disable a tech module
- Increased society research gained by consuming Pops as a Devouring Swarm
- Stopped an exploit against the Scourge with resettling Pops to occupied worlds
- Fixed sector AI automatically deleting Slave Processing Facilities if they had less than 5 slaves
- Fixed missing terraform option for cold barren planets
- Retaking a planet from the Scourge now properly stops purging of Pops
- Fixed terraforming of inhabited planets causing tile resources to be reshuffled, because Betharian is pretty rad, but shouldn't be able to teleport
- Fixed some missing localizations
- Fixed Android defense armies wrongly being able to embark and invade planets
- Subjects will now always accept being gifted planets by their overlord
- Fixed incorrect city images for primitive civilizations