Jump to navigation Jump to search
Patch 2.8.X are all patches beginning with 2.8.
- Main article: Patch 2.8
Patch 2.8.1 was released on 2020-11-19 with the checksum dfce.
- Added a define OVERCROWDING_ABSOLUTE_THRESHOLD_FOR_NO_GROWTH that sets the minimum number that overcrowding must be for a planet's population to stop growing, set it to 5.
- Redid sector automation scripts and code with the following goals:
- Closed vital gaps in sectors' knowledge concerning the likes of nonstandard planet (habitat etc) districts and bureaucracy buildings.
- All sectors now know about all buildings, i.e. if you put an alloys foundry on a science sector, it will still know how to upgrade it (it will of course still favour research buildings).
- Made checking for whether building a certain building would cause resource shortages and whether there were pops ready to take the job more reliable by shifting them to hardcoded checks.
- The automation will no longer clear blockers before districts are blocked by them.
Stability & Performance
- Moved the calculations for attack radius to threaded code instead of serial.
- Update trade routes every 7 days instead of every day.
- Fixed a nasty slow down when owning many many many planets and opening the planet view
- Fixed an OOS related to fleets.
- Fixed an issue where loading would get stuck when trying to load a lot of mods.
- Fixed being unable to load 2.7.2 saves in 2.7.2 made after installing Necroids.
- Added debug tooltips to the fleet view header and rename button.
- Experimental DX11 mode now supports Chinese, Polish and Russian
- The AI will not try to build a megastructure if it's already building or upgrading one.
- Fixed a case of the AI wanting to attack disabled starbases and getting stuck in a loop.
- The economic AI will now take better account of the resources a district would provide when choosing whether to build one.
- The AI will now check whether it would have any pops on the planet willing and able to take a job before building a building providing that job (i.e. Necrophages will not spam consumer goods buildings when there are no necrophage pops on the planet).
- Made the contingency constructor choose better systems to build in, and fixed their getting stuck after a while.
- Massively sped up all types of purging, with the crisis factions now purging 2 pops per month.
- Various improvements to crisis military AI.
- Fix issue with military AI ping-ponging fleets.
- Fixed AI not changing fleet bombardment stances.
- Crisis countries will now use Armageddon Bombardment.
- Augmented the distance at which AI looks for targets on larger maps.
- The Unbidden will no longer wait patiently to be allowed out of their initial system.
- The AI will no longer sell the last pop of a planet.
- Made the crisis worry less about ship health and more about taking over the galaxy.
- The Necrophage AI will no longer build Houses of Apotheosis so as to make it less likely it'll run out of necrophytes.
- AI considers "Take Point" fleet as objective when appropriate(*)
- The AI is now drastically more likely to know to build shipyards and titan/colossus factories
- Added "ignores_sapience" flag to job types to say a job works for both sapients and presapients.
- Corrected name for necroid titan engine effect so the effect spawns in the correct position.
- Added missing undead army translations for Chinese.
- Fixed a layering issue with Necroid Portrait 11.
- Fixed a black face-tentacle on a Necroid Portrait to have color.
- Fix Ships not reaching their assigned slots when there are too many ships
- Evasive fleet now cancel order if the path to their targets contain hostiles
- Made it so the positions of hostile forces are remembered while you're at war.
- Fixed purging and assimilation not working on presapients
- Setting a sector to Production focus now correctly updates the icon in the UI.
- Necrophages with Glandular Acclimatisation will now make pops that suit the local planet, even if they have Necrophage pops that don't on the planet already.
- Death Priest job upkeep raised to 3 Consumer Goods in addition to the baseline level for specialist workers.
- Fixed the Pasharti Absorbers' default purge type being Displacement rather than Necropurging
- Fixed a bug with a Necroid Battleship weapon slot.
- Increased Necroid Corvette size and optimized some other textures.
- Fixed leader clearing by right-clicking.
- Fixed impossibility of swapping scientists between research areas.
- Fixed the Death Cult sacrifice effects so that the counting of Mortal Initiates proceeds as intended.
- The option to play as the Machine Uprising when that happens is now back.
- Forum, [Dev Team] 2.8.1 Patch Released [checksum dfce], 2020-11-19