- For the full Terms and Conditions of the Paradox Wikis contest please visit here
The wiki (PC portion only) will run a contest to celebrate the release of Nemesis starting on 2021-04-15 at 18:00 CEST till 2021-04-23 at 18:00 CEST.
Users can enter the contest by contributing to the wiki during that time span. Various actions give tickets; the more tickets one amassed, the more likely one is to win.
The three users with the most tickets will each get to pick their product(s) of choice from the Paradox Web Store up to the amount they won:
- 1st place can pick at an amount up to $60 - Won by RA3236 (145 tickets)
- 2nd place can pick at an amount up to $40 - Won by ThunderBlitz (141 tickets)
- 3rd place can pick at an amount up to $20 - Won by BingRazer (119 tickets)
Notes: Can be used for any combination of digital goods (regular retail prices) in a single occurrence, does not apply to physical goods, winner's product keys will be delivered by Paradox Wikis administrator SolSys.
Rules and guidelines
- Paradox Wikis administrator SolSys decides whether a raffle ticket has been earned based on the guidelines below.
- Members of the Paradox Wikis team (administrators, moderators, halfops) cannot enter the contest.
- The competition is open for anyone around the world aged 16 or above. Entrants under the age of 18 require parental consent to participate.
- All entrants must register an account on the wiki; anonymous edits are not counted unless they can be clearly connected to a registered user (E.G., in cases where the user was accidentally logged out).
- Any action on the list undertaken between the start and the end of the contest will earn tickets.
- The entrant must have access to the email address they've defined for their account, as prizes will be sent via email. Note that by default the Paradox Account email address is used.
- If you have changed the email address of your Paradox Account since registering on the Paradox Wikis, you should update your email address on the wikis. Otherwise, it may take longer than normal for you to receive your prize(s) if you were to win.
- Any vandalism will cause all raffle tickets earned by the entrant to be forfeit.
- Entrants should read the style guidelines in order to ensure their edits are up to the wiki's standards. Edit summaries are encouraged, but not required except where otherwise specified.
- For the full Terms and Conditions of the Paradox Wikis contest please visit here.
- All tickets are provisional until the contest starts and edits made in advance can change the values below
A large variety of tasks will earn you tickets; everything from updating pages, to writing strategies, to modding information, to creating pages on new features. All tasks are listed below.
Anything that involves the creation of a new page or section assumes that the resulting page is rated B or above, and has no resulting ambox requests (
Any task that gives "at minimum" a number of tickets can give more than that number if the quality and/or thoroughness of the writing is higher than expected.
The first three tasks give more tickets the more outdated the page/section/infobox is. The base ticket amount is multiplied according to the following table:
- Important: When updating an article/section/infobox do not remove versioning tags. Instead, set the version number to the updated version. This will make it stop displaying until a newer version is released. The SVersion tags should be present after each tier 2 header.
- Version 1.7 was never officially released and Version 3.0 is the current version.
- Ensure that pages are up to date. See outdated pages for a list of potentially outdated articles. If no changes are necessary for the page to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on its Talk page. This gives a base amount of 1 ticket per page updated
- Ensure that page sections are up to date. See outdated sections for a list of pages with potentially outdated sections. If no changes are necessary for the section to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on the page's Talk page. This gives a base amount of 0.25 ticket per section updated.
- Ensure that infoboxes are up to date. See outdated infoboxes for a list of pages with potentially outdated infoboxes. If no changes are necessary for the infobox to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on the page's Talk page. This gives a base amount of 1 ticket per 10 infoboxes updated.
- Improving an article by such an extent that it is reassessed at a higher level. See Category:Articles by quality for information on how assessment works. This gives at minimum 2 tickets
- Write a page about an important modding concept. This gives at minimum 4 tickets
- Other improvements to the wiki give tickets based on the judgement of the person assigning tickets. Content additions, structure improvements, and grammar improvements are prime examples of contributions that'd fall under this
The Beginner's guide page is one of the most useful pages on the wiki for new players and as such it offers the most tickets. Up to 30 tickets can be gained by updating the page, depending on writing style, and additional tickets can be obtained by improving the guide.
All mechanics pages require updating, any difference between ticket total and breakdown is the update the page requires.
|Page||Version||Required changes||Details (there may be more than these pointers)||Total tickets|
|Mechanics||2.5||~||Add descriptions of existing mechanics (1 each), Add missing/new mechanics to the list (1 each)|
|Game settings||2.8||Update to 3.0||Add new crisis game setting||8|
|Species||2.8||Update to 3.0||5|
|Ethics||2.8||Update to 3.0||Update principles with new First Contact Protocol policy||8|
|Traits||2.8||Update to 3.0||Update/add Lithoid and Necrophage traits||8|
|Population modification||2.8||Update to 3.0||5|
|Exploration||2.8||Update to 3.0||Add/expand on possible first contact events||12|
|Unique systems||2.8||Update to 3.0||Update Wenkwort modifier||8|
|FTL||2.8||Update to 3.0||5|
|Anomalies||2.8||Update to 3.0||5|
|Celestial body||2.8||Update to 3.0||5|
|Spaceborne aliens||2.8||Update to 3.0||5|
|Crisis||2.8||Update to 3.0||Update crisis triggers; Add player crisis mechanics||25|
|Events||2.8||Update to 3.0||5|
|Fallen Empires||2.8||Update to 3.0||add/expand on FE and infiltration||8|
|Pre-FTL species||2.8||Update to 3.0||5|
|Colonization||2.8||Update to 3.0||5|
|Terraforming||2.8||Update to 3.0||5|
|Empire||2.8||Update to 3.0||Update origins||20|
|Government||2.8||Update to 3.0||Update government effects||14|
|Policies||2.8||Update to 3.0||Update first contact protocol policy||14|
|Edicts||2.8||Update to 3.0||Add new edicts; Update existing edicts; Update bonus tables||20|
|Leader||2.8||Update to 3.0||5|
|Factions||2.8||Update to 3.0||Update issues||10|
|Population||2.8||Update to 3.0||Update resettlement costs; Update migration mechanics; Update bonus tables||25|
|Economy||2.8||Update to 3.0||5|
|Technology||2.8||Update to 3.0||Update bonus tables||15|
|Traditions||2.8||Update to 3.0||Update tradition swaps; Update ascension perk effects; Add Become the Crisis ascension perk||30|
|Diplomacy||2.8||Update to 3.0||Add new diplomatic interactions; Add Intel column to agreements table||20|
|Subject empire||2.8||Update to 3.0||5|
|Federations||2.8||Update to 3.0||Update Galactic Union perks; Update Thesis Defense odds||10|
|Trade||2.8||Update to 3.0||5|
|AI personalities||2.8||Update to 3.0||5|
|Warfare||2.8||Update to 3.0||Add new casus belli; Update bonus tables||14|
|Space warfare||2.8||Update to 3.0||5|
|Land warfare||2.8||Update to 3.0||Add new imperial legions army type; Update slave army||12|
|Ship designer||2.8||Update to 3.0||Add player crisis ship type loadouts||12|
|Ship||2.8||Update to 3.0||Add Star-Eater section||20|
|Starbase||2.8||Update to 3.0||Add new starbase building; Update existing buildings||12|
|Modding||2.5||Update to 3.0||5|
|Downloadable content||2.8||Update to 3.0||5|
|Achievements||2.8||Update to 3.0||Add requirements||8|
|User interface||2.8||Update to 3.0||+1 ticket for each updated UI image||8|
|Civics||2.8||Update to 3.0||Update civic effects; Add Galactic Sovereign civic||15|
|Species rights||2.8||Update to 3.0||Update generated trade value||12|
|Jobs||2.8||Update to 3.0||Update job output; Update job upkeep||12|
|Planetary management||2.8||Update to 3.0||Update branch office mechanics; Update Consume World decision||20|
|Megastructures||2.8||Update to 3.0||Add Aetherophasic Engine; Update Sentry Array||30|
|Engineering research||2.8||Update to 3.0||5 tickets per sub-section; per info in
|Physics research||2.8||Update to 3.0||5 tickets per sub-section; per info in
|Society research||2.8||Update to 3.0||5 tickets per sub-section; per info in
|Districts||2.8||Update to 3.0||Update all values; Add industrial district types||40|
|Galactic community||2.8||Update to 3.0||Add new resolutions; Add galactic imperium mechanics||30|
|Intelligence||~||Update to 3.0||Add page description; Add espionage mechanics||50|
High value tasks
These tasks are of high importance to the wiki and as such are worth more than their components would be.
- Mechanics navbox
- Move Game concepts navbox to Mechanics navbox 1
- Apply Mechanics navbox to all Mechanics page 1 per 5 pages
- Identify any missing mechanics pages from the newly moved navbox and add them 1 per mechanic correctly added.
- Add new events from files in
Stellaris\eventsfolder. 1 per event sheet correctly added.
- Integrate event descriptions into a standard format using an existing or new event template. Use
Stellaris\eventsfolder for reference.
- Modding guide
- Create a modding guide to Graphics modding: 30
- Fix links to all Orphan pages : 1 each
- Outdated images
- Replacing these with an up to date image is worth 4 tickets each (remember to update version tag)
- File:UI MP host.png
- File:UI MP servers.png
- File:UI ship fleet.png
- File:UI ship science.png
- File:UI species.png
- File:UI station observation.png
- File:UI tech.png
- File:UI view system.png
- File:UI expansion planner.png
- File:UI launcher.png
- File:UI log situation.png
- File:UI log victory.png
- File:UI SP setup.png
- Common redlinks
- Broken file links
- These pages point to files that do not exist. Either upload relevant files or remove the broken file links: Category:Pages_with_broken_file_links 1 per page solved
- Broken icon template
- These pages use the icon template incorrectly. Point to the correct icon or remove the broken call: Category:Pages_with_unrecognized_icon_strings 1 per page solved
For most of the above, no report of the action is necessary. A descriptive edit summary is enough. Please only contact the overseeing moderator about tickets if you've got any complaints about the # of tickets given, if 72 or more hours after your actions you've yet to receive any tickets, or for the circumstances described below. Questions about anything else are welcome at any time and will be answered as soon as possible.
All earned tickets are be listed below on a per-user basis. There is no need to notify overseeing moderator that one is entering the contest (except for the specific contributions mentioned above); it is assumed everyone wants a chance at winning a prize.
If you believe you have made a significant contribution ("Other significant improvements to the wiki"), or that your ticket-earning contributions have been missed, this can be reported at User talk:SolSys.
Fractional tickets are only used for accounting progress towards an entrant's next ticket. In the raffle, ticket numbers are always rounded down.
- When updating content remember to also update the accompanying version tag (do not delete them).
- When updating old articles refer to changes from past patches as well (not just the last one).