Monarchy or Autocracy?
- Yup. Edited. Also added a hatnote stating that much of the content is speculation. ~ Meneth (talk) 20:32, 26 October 2015 (CET)
I've been disecting the screenshots and limited clips I have currently seen and I believe they are split into the following categories: Militarists, Spiritualists, Individualists, Pacifists and Neutral in order from left to right. The screenshot we were shown in the developer diary had only Xenophilia and Pacifists selected and was able to select all 3 governments in the pacifists section. The Militarists and Spiritualists all having matching uniforms in the symbols and the IGN clips showed that Collectivists had a large negative impact on research which combined with the research symbol and Direct Democracy symbol supports the fact the centre goverment type is based off Individualists. I did think the last one was Materialists with the loot bags but the developers said that atleast 3 governments would be available no matter what so I believe the final type is Neutral and always available. --Yzaxtol (talk) 00:52, 20 December 2015 (CET)
- I don't think we should add government types that haven't been confirmed by Paradox yet. "Peace Council" and "Absolute Capitalism" is most certainly not their names and would mislead readers. It should just be unnamed until it is actually name dropped by Paradox.
I'm not sure where the effect of the science directorate is from. Neither in the video with Quill & Doomdark nor in Quill's other video do they ever hover over it or have it selected, and the other two empire setups we've seen don't show it either. --22.214.171.124 04:37, 28 March 2016 (CEST)
'Advance' governments and asymmetrical icon coloration
When one looks at the icon colors of the given governments, you can see that they're not clear cut in coloration. It implies that there's more governments not playable from the start. The fact that by a mid game preview, one can clearly see a Martial Democracy, Irenic Monarchy, and others, maybe that there's a government that follows the given coloration. Maybe even some governments that work as a merger of two ethos choices, if what Google say about the word Irenic is to be believed. 126.96.36.199
- Those are just flavor texts, calculated depending on the prevailing ethos and current government type. They are meant for the AI only. KaTiON (talk) 10:28, 28 March 2016 (CEST)
- No, it's official, certain advance governments that can only be acquired by getting certain techs. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/government-types-renamed.918804/&sdpDevPosts=1 188.8.131.52 3:48, 8 April 2016 (GMT+8)
- I believe that it was removed from the table because the term length is the same for each government class, so it's better just to leave it in the description of the government class. - GC13 (talk) 21:51, 29 March 2016 (CEST)
Hive Mind Icon
- Thanks for pointing this out. It has been taken care of now. ~ SolSys (talk) 15:12, 8 April 2017 (CEST)
Other Governments Icons
Is there a reason the other governments (non-player) icons have been removed? I always liked them although admittedly they were not to be seen in the actual game, only in its data files. But still, we could have them here in the Wiki for clarity. I mean of course the icons for Feudalism, etc. --Kensai7 (talk) 10:45, 27 April 2017 (CEST)
Currently the Corporate civic link in the Table of Contents jumps to the wrong part of the page. I'm not sure how to fix this though. 184.108.40.206 01:52, 24 December 2018 (CET)