- 1 Requirements for 'Mega Engineering' technology
- 2 Habitat influence cost
- 3 Megastructre Quest
- 4 Dyson Sphere's effect on other worlds of its system
- 5 Megastructure lock-out
- 6 Habitats and Ringworlds
- 7 Habitats Upgrading?
- 8 Ring World Sections
- 9 Ringworld and nanites
- 10 Does the sentry array still stop space fauna from spawaning?
Requirements for 'Mega Engineering' technology
"Mega Engineering requires:
-> Battleship tech
-> Fortress station tech (probably Citadel)
-> Zero Point Power tech
-> Enough techs from previous tier (10+) to reach tech level 4
It is very unlikely to pop up unless the leading scientist has the Voidcraft trait or is a Curator. Picking the "Master Builder" perk makes it signifcantly more likely to appear, while having any kind of mega structure in your border (including damage ringworlds) will be a MASSIVE boost."
Not having an engineer with Voidcraft/Curator as his trait seems to make it extremely unlikely to show up (probably a *0.1 multiplicator). Maniacal or Spark of Genius doesn't seem to help at all. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 16:50, 8 April 2017 (CEST)
Habitat influence cost
IIRC (?) habitats cost 150 influence, not 100 as reported in the article.
126.96.36.199 17:36, 12 October 2017 (CEST)
I deleted the part, which mentioned that damaged megastructure trigger no quest. For me a damaged sciene nexus triggered the quests after i finished the science nexus (in 2.0 (or 2.02b). — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 12:17, 18 March 2018 (CET)
Dyson Sphere's effect on other worlds of its system
While the wiki says "All rocky planets and moons in the system turn into frozen or cold barren worlds upon its completion.", it is unclear what implication this has on gameplay. It can be surmised that all habitable planets will become inhabitable, but what about resources already gathered by mining stations and research stations? Can they still be harvested? Will habitats in the system be able to build power plants? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Armed Avacado (talk) 05:36, 23 March 2018 (CET)
Can someone check the game files? As far as I know, the Ringworld and Dyson sphere lock out each other. I think you could put a Ringworld plus either a Sensor array OR a science nexus, but not both (The star only has 1 'slot' for a near orbiting object) LogicMage (talk) 05:17, 22 August 2018 (CEST)
Habitats and Ringworlds
- Just tested to confirm, yes it is. I guess it makes sense for ringworlds but I hope they'll fix it at least for habitats. Kami-sama (talk) 16:13, 22 September 2018 (CEST)
- I would think its a bug either way. Or just bad programming practice. A megastructure that is destroyed should 'clean up' all flag(s) that were set on the planet or star during construction. I think it's imbalanced for you to ever lose the ability to build a megastructure in anyway. They are already such a pain to unlock. — Preceding unsigned comment added by LogicMage (talk)
Will habitats get bigger once you have Master Builder, or is it better to wait?--184.108.40.206 15:59, 15 November 2018 (CET)
Ring World Sections
I'm pretty sure that you can only build one Ring World section at a time, unless you have Master Builder already, in which case it's 2. I was prevented from starting a second section until I finished the first because of this. --Chthon (talk) 06:17, 30 June 2019 (UTC)
- Or 3 with the relevant edict. The point is that ringworld sections can be build in parallel, unlike something like a sentry array, where each step much be completed before the next one can start. 220.127.116.11 21:23, 4 July 2019 (UTC)
Ringworld and nanites
I played a game in 2.6 where there was no "uninhabitable" sections on the ringworld with nanite deposits when built in the terminal egress station (there was the default 1 nanite deposit). All resources (google searches) keep saying the ring world WILL have these deposits, but I think this has either been changed or there is a *chance* for these uninhabitable sections to happen or each section of the ringworld has a *chance* of having nanites when completed (yes I completed it). The wiki might need to be updated to either reflect the nanites will be overwritten or there is a chance of getting nanite deposits (and if so what is that chance). — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 12:08, 29 April 2020 (CEST)
Does the sentry array still stop space fauna from spawaning?
Is the statement in the sentry array still correct with the 2.7 update?