- 1 Federations Link
- 2 Latest news
- 3 Pre-Order versions (and where to buy)
- 4 200 years is wrong.
- 5 Links linking to the same linked thing
- 6 1.3/Leviathan Features
- 7 Patch 1.5 and Utopia Expansion
- 8 Just a thought, we should make multi-versions pages
- 9 Important Pages Sidebar
- 10 The Adams Update (part 2) link is pointing to the latest HOI4 diary
- 11 Multi-language pages
- 12 Pages going to Mobile view in Firefox and Edge
- 13 Dev Diaries
- 14 Bug With Xenophobe Faction's Demand
- 15 More detailed version tracking
- 16 Wrong dev diary
- 17 Anomaly Icon
- 18 Incorrect Release Date for Ancient Relics
- 19 Exploration?
- 20 Temporary image names
- 21 Biological and Organic
We've got a few new dev diaries. The main page is protected, so I can't edit.
- 2015-12-14 - Dev Diary #13 - Primitive Civilizations released
- 2015-12-21 - Dev Diary #14 - Uplifting & Subspecies released
- — Preceding unsigned comment added by Paulus Leto (Talk) 16:03, 21 December 2015 (CET)
Pre-Order versions (and where to buy)
The game comes in multiple versions.
On steam only the basic version is available, when buying directly from Paradox
there are two more versions with more goodies available.
The pre-order versions can be found here:
- Stellaris: Pre-order
- Creatures of the Void (Cosmetic DLC)
- Ringtones and Message Alert Sounds
- Blorg Forum Avatar
- Send Your Name into (almost) Space
- Stellaris: Nova edition, Adds the following to the basic pre-order edition
- Digital Original Soundtrack
- Nova Forum Icon
- Exclusive Alien Race (Cosmetic DLC)
- Stellaris: Galaxy Edition, Adds the following to the Nova edition
- Stellaris: Infinite Frontiers novel by Steven Savile (ebook)
- Exclusive Avatar and Forum Icon Galaxy
- Signed Wallpaper
- Digital collectors book
- Stellaris: Infinite Frontiers novel by Steven Savile (ebook)
Note that paradox will make slightly more money from you when you buy there directly.
You will still need Steam to play though. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Pep7777 (Talk) 10:30, 18 April 2016 (CEST)
200 years is wrong.
So the problem here is it says "set 200 years into the future" and it should possibly be renamed preferably to state either "2 centuries into the future" or "set in the year 2200(AD) onwards" if possible so as to avoid confusion. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Zepelin151 (Talk) 01:16, 14 May 2016 (CEST)
The links "Governance" and "Empire" both link to "Empire". Should the "Governance" link be removed or is it necessary for something?
A lot of new stuff has been added and I wonder where to put it all. Stellariste and the reworked Spacebornes belong to Spacebornes. Enclaves could belong to Diplomacy, Spacebornes or a new Neutral Empire Section (same logic as for Nomands) Leviathans to Spacebornes? Fallen Empires Awakening & War in Heaven: would that go to Fallen Empires, Lategame Crisis (as that might trigger it too) or somepalce new? --The Founder (talk) 17:36, 28 October 2016 (CEST)
Patch 1.5 and Utopia Expansion
Made the following change:
- Added a page for Utopia/Banks(1.5)
- Updated the Patches page to include link to new 1.5 page
- Don't have permissions to update the home page
- Version widget needs to be tweaked to include 1.5
Just a thought, we should make multi-versions pages
I just didnt like 1.5, not to mention I have a 1.4 game going on and I dont want to give it up, howerer this wiki, obviously, must update to the lastest version, and since the changes in 1.5 were so... massive, I just thought it might be a good idea to keep various versions on the same page, I´m sure there must be someone which liked 1.3 better and would agree with this, what do you think? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 03:35, 15 April 2017 (CEST)
- The old versions of a page are always available through the page history. – Lillebror (talk) 08:31, 15 April 2017 (CEST)
Important Pages Sidebar
- We don't support other languages on the stellaris wiki. While a number of the moderating team speak multiple languages we cannot effectively moderate open wikis in other languages. Dauth (talk) 22:27, 1 June 2017 (CEST)
Pages going to Mobile view in Firefox and Edge
For some reason, certain pages are defaulting to the Mobile view when I open them in Firefox & Edge on my Windows desktop machine. Fallen empire is an example. Any ideas what's causing that? --Bluegrass Geek (talk) 01:58, 13 June 2017 (CEST)
- Aaand now that I've logged in, it's not doing it. So it looks like it's just doing that when users are not logged in. -- Bluegrass Geek (talk) 01:59, 13 June 2017 (CEST)
Why are Dev Diaries numbered from #1 on this page i.e. the latest DD is 73 but shows as #20. Wouldn't it be better to stick to the actual DD number as published on the forum by Wiz and Co. Seems confusing to have two numbers for the same thing. — Preceding unsigned comment added by PaulMClem (talk) 11:12, 16 June 2017 (CEST)
- A result of past conveniences. Back in the day, DDs were not a regular thing so numbering was not consistent or if a new person ended up writing the DD the numbers could be lost/forgotten. To counter this the numbering is re-started for each development cycle [new expansion]. I will say that Stellaris (and HoI4) keep a consistent numbering. Do remember to sign your comments with
~~~~. ~ SolSys (talk) 17:42, 16 June 2017 (CEST)
Bug With Xenophobe Faction's Demand
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here it goes!
There is a bug with the Xenophobes faction's demand. The Unwilling Resistance command seems to be bugged (It's the one where they don't like being in a defensive war). Whenever I start a new game with the faction and don't get into a war, it is always on red, but whenever I'm in a defensive war, it's green. I'm thinking that it's a simple true/false error and should be relatively simple to fix, it's also very annoying to me because whenever I play as an xenophobe empire I can't please that faction. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Adventurer32 (talk) 16:58, 27 August 2017
- You're far better off posting in the Stellaris tech support forum here. You will need to register your game first. Dauth (talk) 18:25, 27 August 2017 (CEST)
More detailed version tracking
Something I am noticing more and more, is that the differences between subversions of Stellaris get bigger. 1.8.0 has numerous substantial differences to 1.8.1 or even 1.8.2. So many, it is closer to the 1.5 to 1.6 step, then any 1.X.? step before.
Is there any chance we could start tracking the exact Versions down to the 3rd Place of the number? Right now someone had to append "outdated" on to the crissis triggers section because our tracking is not nearly precise enough. — Preceding unsigned comment added by The Founder (talk) 20:22, 11 October 2017 (CET)
Wrong dev diary
The Anomaly icon should be changed from the Nonadaptive trait to the Anomaly icon (a graph with magnifying glass showing a spike in the readings) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Wheeyou (talk) 18:14, 13 January 2019 (CET)
Incorrect Release Date for Ancient Relics
In the PC game history latest news section, the Ancient Relics DLC is incorrectly stated to be released in the wrong year, 2016.06.04. The correct date is 2019.06.04. --Phi Zeroth (talk) 17:12, 29 May 2019 (UTC)
- And the lesson that we learned here is: I need to sleep more ;p ~ SolSys (talk) 19:58, 29 May 2019 (UTC)
What is this topic (lemma) for a kind of collecting article? Half of them is the L-Cluster from Distant Stars. So any oppose to create the separate specific article again!? --Firegolem (talk) 05:27, 29 March 2020 (UTC)
Temporary image names
I noticed that all the image files from the Humanoid species pack have the summaries:
"New Humanoids available with the upcoming Humanoid species pack. Note: This filename is temporary until further notice. Replace this with proper in-game picture once the DLC goes live."
Biological and Organic
In modifier tooltips Biological refers to food eaters and Organic is no longer used.
Other texts that refer to Biological usually refer to both the food eaters and Lithoids. (e.g. Bio-Trophy, Biological Ascension Path)
There are some old texts using the word Organic before the Lithoids to be implemented and it's unclear if those texts were intended to include Lithoids or not.
If there is a word that refers to both food eaters and Lithoids, what should it be?
- Robotic should be used when referring to both Mechanical and Machine pops. When referring only to Mechanical pops simply call them Mechanical. "organic" is a remnant of the old versions of the game before the devs decided to change to "biological". Maybe we can use it to refer to both food eaters and lithoids since it literally means "relating to or derived from living organisms". Kami-sama (talk) 10:19, 10 June 2020 (UTC)
- Lithoids are inorganic living organisms. If we follow the defination of organism and call them organic (can grow, adapt, react and procreate), then cities are organic, colonies are organic, and even robots are organic - while robots don't technically grow, they can refit to enlarge themselves; while they don't technically procreate, they can build more of themselves, which is exactly what procreate means. This is why do I feel it so incorrect to call Lithoids "organics".
- The term Biological, Organic and even Living are synonyms that I don't think any of them can include Lithoids while not accidently including robots, because during the human history, we only witnessed organics and robots and none of us have witnessed Lithoids, only some of us have imagined of them. The only essitiencial difference between organics and robots I can think of is robots are designed and built purely technical while organics are evolved without technical interventions, but Non-Technical or Evolved species sound wierd and vanilla texts don't use these terms at all.
- The only term I can think up of, that uses purely vanilla terms and can refer to both organics and lithoids, but not robots, is Non-Robotic, but it looks wierd as well, since we will then see tons of if Non-Robotic and if Robotic.
- In addition, although no playable species or pops, how should void clouds, gas giant people and extradimentionals count?
- Dazz (talk) 11:54, 10 June 2020 (UTC)