Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 18:29, 15 March 2023 by 2a01:cb14:d52:1200:e8eb:38aa:fa92:7846 (talk) (→Expansion features: move Archaeostudies)
This article is timeless and should be accurate for any version of the game.
Release date / Patch
2019-06-04 / 2.3
Store: Story pack
Ancient Relics is the 4th story pack for Stellaris. It was announced on 2019-05-14 and was released on 2019-06-04. The story pack is accompanied by the free 2.3 patch.
Expansion features[edit | edit source]
- Said Ancient Relics: Collect and acquire valuable relics in your adventures as rewards for overcoming major crises or after completing a dig at an archaeological site and solving the chapters. Each relic gives significant benefits to your empire to aid in your interstellar escapades
- Those Who Came Before: Encounter two new extinct Precursor civilizations, each with their own anomalies. Players can investigate these to understand who they were and, more importantly, what one can learn from their demise.
- Relic Worlds: Once teeming with life, these Relic worlds now lie dead, covered with desolate ruins and dormant mysteries. Players can create archaeological sites to explore these remains and bring to light powerful relics and artifacts.
- Matter of Artifacts: Utilizing archaeological research, discover Minor Artifacts, a new resource type which can help empower one's empire.
- Dig In: Hit the dirt on a variety of enigmatic and alien worlds with more archaeology sites available for your empire to study... or plunder. Each site begins a story with between one and six chapters to investigate. Retrace the history to discover artifacts and relics that can be boons to your empire.
- Archaeostudies: unlock powerfull technologies (since Stellaris 3.7).
Free features[edit | edit source]
- Prior Content Relic Rework: Many things from previous game content have been reworked to use the new Relics system. Among several others, you can gain the Isolated Contingency Core or the Prethoryn Brood Queen as symbols of your triumph.
- Sector Redesign and Automation: Sectors have been greatly improved in 2.3, allowing the player more control over how and where they are formed, as well as giving more robust automation tools to let them run themselves if you want to focus on the bigger picture.
- Planet Designation: You can now choose to manually set a planet designation (Agri-World, Forge World, etc.), focusing production on different resource outputs. There is now a shared automated development stockpile that you can pay in to and allow planets to set their own build orders.
- Megastructure Improvements: Habitats gain different effects based on the type of celestial body they inhabit. Ring Worlds gain specialized, highly efficient districts.
- Stellaris is now a 64 bits application. Support for 32 bits is deprecated, but you can roll back to 2.2.7 if you want to play on such hardware.
- Precursors no longer spawn in a pre-selected pie slice of the galaxy
- Added a menu option at game start to disable Caravaneer fleets if you don't want those sweet, sweet deals
- Added a randomize button when renaming planets
- Rogue Servitors can now build a variant of leisure districts on habitats to entertain their bio-trophies in space
Dev diaries[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Developer diaries
All developer diaries about the Ancient Relics story pack, patch 2.3 (aka Wolfe), and patch 2.4 (aka Lee).
- Patch 2.4 (Lee)
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|11||Summer Experimentation||Useful experimentation that didn't make it||2019-08-15|
|12||UX Design||Behind-the-scenes of the UI||2019-09-12|
|13||The 2.4 "Lee" patch||The new paradox launcher comes to Stellaris||2019-10-09|
- Patch 2.3 (Wolfe)
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Sectors||The future of the sector system||2019-03-28|
|2||Changes to megastructures||Rework of Galactic Wonders ascension perk and megastructures now require a research component||2019-04-11|
|3||Megastructures, Habitats and Minor Artifacts||Rework of Habitats, Ringworlds, megastructure construction changes and introducing Minor Artifacts||2019-04-18|
|4||Archaeology||A new dimension to anomalies and express narrative in a more evolving and controlled manner||2019-04-25|
|5||The Baol and The Zroni||Precursor: changes and new ones||2019-05-02|
|6||An update on Sectors & Designations||Details of new sector and designation system for planet automation||2019-05-09|
|7||Relics & Relic Worlds||Relics, Relic Worlds, Relic UI and User Experience||2019-05-16|
|8||Technical improvements||64 bit, Performance improvement and AI||2019-05-23|
|9||2.3 "Wolfe" Patch Notes||An early peek at the 2.3 'Wolfe' patch notes||2019-05-30|
|10||2.3.3 beta patch||A beta patch for the summer||2019-07-04|
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Forum, Stellaris: Ancient Relics Announcement Trailer, 2019-05-14
- ↑ Forum, Stellaris: Ancient Relics - Release Information, 2019-06-04