This article is for the console version of Stellaris only.
On the right side of the designer one can select options for different subsystems of the ship. Most of them are required and it is not possible to design a ship without some version of them, but few of them are optional, having the option to install no subsystem in its slot.
- Main article: FTL
This subsystem is optional, although without an FTL drive the ship is incapable of moving between systems.
This component improves various performance, like accuracy, evasion, speed and damage, depending on ship class.
- Swarm: Ship will charge straight at enemies and try to deal as much damage as possible.
- Mixed: Ship will have a balanced approach between offense and defense.
- Artillery: Ship will stay at range and fire its long range weapons on the target.
The sublight thrusters determine how fast the ship maneuvers within a star system. They also increase the chance to evade enemy attacks in combat.
Sensors determine the ship's detection range on the galaxy map. They also increase tracking of all weapon systems, which is related to accuracy. While ship-mounted sensors and stations-based sensors have different names and fall in different categories in game, their performances are still the same.
|Available only with the Leviathans DLC enabled.|
Science labs are crucial components equipped to science ships by default. While the basic science lab provides no bonuses there are two alternatives that gives bonuses on survey available after an empire has encountered and communicated with a Curator Enclave.
- Science lab (default): No bonuses
- Curator Exploration Lab: +25% Survey speed.
- Curator Archaeology Lab: -5% Anomaly fail risk; +5% anomaly discovery chance; +25% anomaly research speed.
Military Station Aura Systems
These are optional systems that give wide aura effects to the ships within their range. Each defense platform or defense stations has one aura slot, while fortress can have up to two aura slots.
Defensive Auras: These auras have positive effects on friendly ships.
- Nanobot Cloud: +5% monthly hull regen.
- Capacitor Fields: +20% monthly shield regen. Requires Capacitor Fields technology.
Offensive Auras: These auras have negative effects on hostile ships.
- Shield Dampener: -25% shield HP and -5% monthly shield regen.
- Quantum Destabilizer: -15% fire rate. Requires Quantum Destabilizer technology.
- Enigmatic Disruption Field: -10% monthly shield regen and -20% fire rate. Can only be installed on fortress. Available through Enigmatic Fortress event chain.
- Subspace Snare: +400% jump charge time, -50% sublight speed and +100% emergency FTL jump cooldown. Incoming hostile fleets are forcibly redirected to this station.
- Proximity Mines: hostile ships within the minefield have a daily 20% chance to take 5 - 15 damage ignoring 75% of the armor. This damage can be dodged.