Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article is timeless and should be accurate for any version of the game.
Distant Stars is the 3rd story pack for Stellaris. It was announced on 2018-04-23 and is to be released on 2018-05-22.The expansion is to be accompanied by the free 2.1 patch (aka Niven).
- Behind Closed Doors: Discover hidden traces of an ancient gateway network unlocking a sealed path to a constellation outside our own galaxy. But is this door holding something out, or keeping something in?
- Sensors are Picking up... That Can't be Right: Encounter dozens of new anomalies and events for your intrepid scientists to observe and analyze, and a galaxy of wonders for them to discover.
- Brave New Worlds: Plot unexplored unique solar systems, each with their own story to tell. Gain technology, resources, and valuable worlds to colonize.
- There's Always a Bigger Fish: Come face to face with a number of unique gargantuan creatures that exist and thrive in the vacuum of space. But approach with caution, because whether gentle giants or something more sinister, these legendary behemoths have existed long before you and will do what it takes to survive long after.
- New types of stars.
- Reworked anomaly system.
- Main article: Developer diaries
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Anomaly Rework & Expanded Exploration||Anomaly research changes, hyperlane clusters, and new types of star-systems.||2018-04-19|
|2||The L-Cluster||Heavily modified mysterious gateways leading to an unknown cluster of stars located outside the galaxy||2018-04-26|
|3||New Anomalies, Systems and Leviathans||New event chains to follow on the galactic grand road||2018-05-03|
|4||Space Creatures, Strategic Resources and Experimental Subspace Navigation||Changes to Space Creatures encounters, Strategic Resource discovery and exploitation, and addition of Experimental Subspace Navigation||2018-05-10|
|5||2.1 Anomaly Modding||A glimpse of some of the under-the-hood-changes coming for modders||2018-05-17|
|6||Niven Post-Launch Support||Extended period of post-launch support with a rolling beta patch||2018-05-24|
|7||Niven Post-Launch Support (part 2)||Improving performance and increasing L-cluster variety||2018-05-31|
|8||Niven Post-Launch Support (part 3)||Further performance improvement, renaming factions, and extra-pretty screenshots mode.||2018-06-07|
|9||Niven Post-Launch Support (part 4)||The second rolling beta to start soon with improvements to be tested over the summer||2018-06-21|
- Forum, Stellaris: Distant Stars Reveal Trailer, 2018-04-23