This article is timeless and should be accurate for any version of the game.
Galactic Paragons is the 7th expansion for Stellaris. It was announced on 2023-04-25 and was released on 2023-05-09 alongside patch 3.8.
The galactic council is vast and full of personality! Add Galactic Paragons to your empires and experience a new level of character and story as great leaders rise to positions of power and follow your lead to the stars. With exclusive additions to the all-new Council mechanic, leaders who you can shape to amplify the vision for your empire, new civics, and much more, Galactic Paragons will shape the future in ways the galaxy has never seen before.
- New Council Mechanics
- Assign leaders to vital positions and set agendas to steer your empire as you see fit. In Galactic Paragons, find dozens of unique council roles based on your civics and government types, and unlock additional positions as your empire evolves!
- New Dynamic Leaders
- Recruit, improve, and follow the leaders of your empire through the ages! You may shape them by picking their traits, selecting their veteran class, and guide them towards their destiny, up until they retire - or perish!
- Meet Galactic Heroes
- Attract paragons of renown to your council: unique leaders with their own art, events, and stories may join your empire and bring their own benefits to your government. Or, discover four Legendary Paragons with intricate event chains and unique mechanics!
- New Traditions, Civics, and More
- A new “Under One Rule” Origin that tells the tale of the leader who founded your empire
- Eight new Civics focused on leadership, from immortalizing the personalities of leaders past in digital archives to heavily optimized council selection via corporate charter
- 12 new Veteran Classes
- Hundreds of new Leader Traits
- Two new Tradition Trees, giving players new edicts and improved leaders
- New ships, art, and story content
- Main article: Developer diaries
All developer diaries about the Galactic Paragons expansion and patch 3.8 (aka Gemini).
- Patch 3.8 (Gemini)
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Introducing Coop||Two cooperative gameplay modes||2023-04-06|
|2||3.8 ‘Gemini’ Coop Open Beta Release Notes||Announcement and preliminary patch notes for 3.8 open beta||2023-04-13|
|3||Armies, Sectors, Messages, and More||Overview of changes to army building, orbital bombardment, and fleet manager; introduction of new science ship automation options, new capital designations, sector editor, side menu reordering, and new toast notifications and message settings||2023-04-20|
|4||Announcing Galactic Paragons||Announcement of Galactic Paragons expansion||2023-04-25|
|5||Leaders, The Council, and Agendas||Overview of the council, council agendas, and changes to leaders, with new traits and veteran classes||2023-04-27|
|6||Renowned and Legendary Paragons||Overview of the two paragon types – unique, scripted leaders, each with special content||2023-05-02|
|7||Civics, Origins, and Traditions||Overview of new civics, origin, and traditions coming in Galactic Paragons||2023-05-04|
|8||Happy Anniversary! 3.8 "Gemini" and Galactic Paragons Release Notes||Patch notes for 3.8 and Galactic Paragons, review of the last year of Stellaris||2023-05-09|
|9||Galactic Paragons is out, what's next?||Preview of next 3.8.X patch||2023-05-16|
|10||Leaders and 3.8.3 Balance Changes||3.8.3 patch notes; changes to leaders, level caps, and balance; prioritization of bugs and balance; script improvements for councilors; a solution to the Out of Syncs issue||2023-05-25|
- ↑ Forum: Stellaris Dev Diary #296 - Announcing Galactic Paragons, 2023-04-25.