Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article is timeless and should be accurate for any version of the game.
MegaCorp is the 3rd expansion for Stellaris. It was announced on 2018-10-24. The expansion is to be accompanied by the free 2.2 patch (aka Le Guin).
- Corporate Culture: CEOs of a MegaCorp can conduct business on a galaxy-wide scale with a host of new civics. By building Branch Offices on planets within empires they have trade agreements with, the MegaCorp can add a portion of the planet's Trade Value to their own network. Using the new Corporate Authority, construct an economic powerhouse and dominate galactic trade.
- City World: With Ecumenopolis, players can increase the population density of core worlds to truly epic proportions, eventually creating a planet-spanning megacity.
- Caravaneer Fleets: Keep an eye out for the Caravaneers, nomadic interstellar wheelers-and-dealers who stay aloof from galactic politics, and always have a bargain up their sleeve. Expect surprises when these master traders wander through your space or when you visit their home systems.
- More Megastructures: Build a glorious Matter Decompressor, Mega-Art Installation or Strategic Coordination Center to acquire new scaling capabilities for your megalopolis.
- Galactic Slave Market: Buy and sell pops on an industrial scale, set them free or keep them as livestock.
- New Ascension perks: Keep an economy competitive in a cutthroat galaxy with additional Ascension perks!
- Reworked the economic back-end of Stellaris.
- Rework of the planetary management system.
- to be added.
- Main article: Developer diaries
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||New Economy System||A new economic back-end implemented for 2.2 -- the birth of economic templates and economic units.||2018-08-09|
|2||Planetary Rework (part 1 of 4)||Planetary reworks, involving changes to deposits and buildings and the addition of districts.||2018-08-16|
|3||Planetary Rework (part 2 of 4)||Planetary reworks, involving changes to jobs, strata and unemployment, housing, growth and migration.||2018-08-23|
|4||Planetary Rework (part 3 of 4)||Planetary reworks, involving changes to Stability, Happiness and Crime.||2018-08-30|
|5||Planetary Rework (part 4 of 4)||Planetary reworks, relating to gestalt consciousnesses and habitats.||2018-09-06|
|6||The Galactic Market||Addition of a galactic market, internal markets, and changes to trader enclaves||2018-09-13|
|7||Sectors and Factions||Sector Rework and Faction Happiness Rework||2018-09-20|
|8||Trade Value and Trade Routes||Introduction of trade value, trade routes and the associated piracy rework||2018-09-27|
|9||Decisions and Planetary Bombardment||Rework of planetary edicts into decisions and changes to planetary bombardments||2018-10-04|
|10||Tradition Updates||Updated traditions for the new mechanics and tradition type||2018-10-11|
|11||New and Changed Technologies in Le Guin||Updated economic & planetary building technologies||2018-10-18|
|12||MegaCorporations||Titular feature of MegaCorp: MegaCorporations||2018-10-25|
|13||Ecumenopolis and Megastructures||New megastructures and constructable planet types in MegaCorp||2018-11-01|
|14||The Caravaneers||Travelling caraveneers & deals in MegaCorp||2018-11-08|
|15||Slave Market, and more!||Slave market, Unity Ambitions & Mandates||2018-11-15|
|16||Script changes and modding in 2.2||Script changes & modding||2018-11-22|
|17||2.2 'Le Guin' patch notes||An early peek at the 2.2 'Le Guin' patch notes||2018-11-29|
|18||Updates, holidays, and the future||Changes in leadership, holidays, and beta patch.||2018-12-20|
|19||We're back||Back from holidays, bugs, and patches.||2019-01-09|
|20||Dnote's Inferno||The where and how -- the ins-and-outs of the product management team by Bevan aka "Dnote".||2019-01-17|
|21||2.2.x post-launch patch||A highlight of some of the bigger things that may change in the definitive 2.2.x post-launch support period||2019-01-24|
|22||2.2.x post-launch patch v2||Updates about the final 2.2.x post-launch patch, minor changes to modifiers and interface||2019-02-14|
|23||Exploring the Future||Update on patch 2.2.6 and a discussion on the future direction of the game and tentative features to be added||2019-02-28|
- Forum, Stellaris: MegaCorp Announcement!, 2018-10-24