In Nemesis the player will be able to determine the fate of a destabilizing galaxy. Adding espionage tools, a path to power as the Galactic Custodian to combat endgame crises - or the Menace option to BECOME the endgame crisis - Nemesis gives you the most powerful tools ever available in Stellaris.
Ultimately you will have to make the choice between chaos or control, to take charge of a galaxy spiraling into crisis. Will you find a way to take power through diplomacy or subterfuge, or will you watch the stars go out one by one?
- Become the Crisis: You are the fire that spreads across the galaxy, threatening its very existence. As your empire becomes more and more menacing, you’ll unlock powerful bonuses to finish a hopeless galactic stalemate on your own terms. If the rest of the galaxy can’t stop you in time, you can unleash enough power to end all of existence!
- Galactic Custodian: It’s up to you to campaign for the Galactic Community to declare you a Custodian, granting you emergency powers to combat the Crisis. Use them to bring the galaxy back from the edge of destruction and restore order. When the crisis is defeated you may choose to relinquish your powers...or keep them, and form a new Galactic Imperium.
- Expanded Espionage Mechanics: Knowledge is power; use new tools to spy on your enemies (or friends). Deploy Envoys to lead covert Operations and counterintelligence behind enemy borders. Lies and deceit will throw your enemies off your scent while you learn their deepest secrets. As your Infiltration Level grows you’ll unlock new operations, such as Sabotage Starbase, Acquire Assets or Steal Tech. Turn allies against each other through the use of smear campaigns and by instigating diplomatic incidents. Play your cards right, and they’ll be none the wiser: what they don’t know will hurt them.
- New Ship Set: Nemesis includes new ships inspired by some of the most imposing empires in science fiction. Whether you’re taking control of the galaxy or wiping it out, you’ll look as powerful as you feel.
- New Intel system.
- Reworked First Contact.
- Reworked Pop Growth.
- New Industrial Districts & some changes to production of Alloys/Consumer Goods.
- New Espionage system & Gather Intelligence Operation (other Operations will be a part of Nemesis).
- Numerous bug fixes & improvements.
- Main article: Developer diaries
Developer diaries about the Nemesis expansion and patch 3.0 (aka Dick).
- Patch 3.0 (Dick)
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Leading Economic Indicators||A new district and reworked building slots||2020-11-05|
|2||And Yet It Moves||Discussion on experimental rework of colony automation and pop resettlement||2020-11-12|
|3||Perfectly Balanced, As All Things Should Be...||Rework of population growth, changes to buildings and districts due to this as well as updates from the two previous Development diaries||2020-11-19|
|4||Signal Discovered||A look at the updated first contact mechanics||2020-11-26|
|5||Intel||Introduction to the concepts and basic mechanics of Intel||2020-12-03|
|6||Happy Holidays & Help Stellaris||Espionage announcement and open job positions||2020-12-17|
|7||[REDACTED]||Introduction to the concepts and basic mechanics of Spy Networks||2021-01-14|
|8||Operations and Assets||A look on spy Operations and Assets||2021-01-21|
|9||Provocations||Discussion on operations of an aggressive nature||2021-01-28|
|10||Become the Crisis||Announcement of Nemesis and preview of the player-controlled crisis||2021-02-04|
|11||The Custodian||Custodian, their diplomatic options and ships||2021-02-11|
|12||Galactic Imperium||The creation and effects of a Galactic Imperium||2021-02-18|
|13||Nemesis Ship Set & Art Direction||Discussion on the ship art and design process||2021-02-25|
|14||VFX in Nemesis||A look at the VFX of Nemesis||2021-03-04|
|15||Scripting Language and Moddability Improvements||Changes to the scripting language/modding in 3.0||2021-03-11|
|16||Announcing the 3.0 'Dick' Update||Annoucement of the 3.0 (Philip K. Dick patch) version of Stellaris and some changes to announced features||2021-03-18|
|17||Directing Nemesis||Daniel Moregård discusses the challenges in creating and balancing systems in Nemesis||2021-03-25|
|18||Challenging Origins||April Fools' Day joke||2021-04-01|
|19||Nemesis patch notes||Patch notes for version 3.0||2021-04-08|
|20||Nemesis - Attack of the Patch Notes||Patch notes for version 3.0.1||2021-04-14|
- Forum: Stellaris: Nemesis will release April 15th!, 2021-03-13.