Nemesis is the 5th expansion for Stellaris. It was announced on 2021-03-13 and released on 2021-04-15 alongside patch 3.0.
DLC features[edit | edit source]
In Nemesis the player is able to determine the fate of a destabilizing galaxy. Adding espionage tools, a path to power as the Galactic Custodian to combat endgame crises - or the Menace option to BECOME the endgame crisis - Nemesis gives you the most powerful tools ever available in Stellaris.
Ultimately you will have to make the choice between chaos or control, to take charge of a galaxy spiraling into crisis. Will you find a way to take power through diplomacy or subterfuge, or will you watch the stars go out one by one?
- Become the Crisis: You are the fire that spreads across the galaxy, threatening its very existence. As your empire becomes more and more menacing, you’ll unlock powerful bonuses to finish a hopeless galactic stalemate on your own terms. If the rest of the galaxy can’t stop you in time, you can unleash enough power to end all of existence!
- Galactic Custodian: It’s up to you to campaign for the Galactic Community to declare you a Custodian, granting you emergency powers to combat the Crisis. Use them to bring the galaxy back from the edge of destruction and restore order. When the crisis is defeated you may choose to relinquish your powers...or keep them, and form a new Galactic Imperium.
- Expanded Espionage Mechanics: Knowledge is power; use new tools to spy on your enemies (or friends). Deploy Envoys to lead covert Operations and counterintelligence behind enemy borders. Lies and deceit will throw your enemies off your scent while you learn their deepest secrets. As your Infiltration Level grows you’ll unlock new operations, such as Sabotage Starbase, Acquire Assets or Steal Tech. Turn allies against each other through the use of smear campaigns and by instigating diplomatic incidents. Play your cards right, and they’ll be none the wiser: what they don’t know will hurt them.
- New Ship Set: Nemesis includes new ships inspired by some of the most imposing empires in science fiction. Whether you’re taking control of the galaxy or wiping it out, you’ll look as powerful as you feel.
Patch features[edit | edit source]
- New Intel system.
- Reworked First Contact.
- Reworked Pop Growth.
- New Industrial Districts & some changes to production of Alloys/Consumer Goods.
- New Espionage system & Gather Intelligence Operation (other Operations will be a part of Nemesis).
- Numerous bug fixes & improvements.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Cinematic trailers[edit | edit source]
Video diaries[edit | edit source]
Dev diaries[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Developer diaries
All developer diaries about the Nemesis expansion, patch 3.0 (aka Dick) and patch 3.1 (aka Lem).
- Patch 3.1 (Lem)
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Announcing “The Custodians” initiative and the free Lem Update||Announcement of the division of the Stellaris team into a maintaining team and an expansions team as well as a look at future update processes.||2021-06-03|
|2||Gameplay themes & Balancing considerations||Broad overview of direction for Species pack gameplay themes, future balancing changes, and Unity & Empire sprawl brainstorming.||2021-06-10|
|3||Changes to Necroids Content in the Lem Update||Discussion of updates that will be found regarding the Necroids, Necroid Hiveminds, Death Cults, and Reanimated Armies.||2021-06-17|
|4||Custodians Feedback and Q&A Transcript||Solicited feedback and Community Feedback review and the Discord Q&A transcript.||2021-07-01|
|5||Plantoids Gameplay||Post break review of three new traits and two new civics for plantoids in the Lem update.||2021-08-05|
|6||Selectable Traditions||Select-able traditions discussion as well as an overview of changes to existing traditions and three new traditions coming in the Lem update.||2021-08-12|
|7||Additions to Humanoids Species Pack||Dev diary provided new information on the three new civics (masterful crafters, pleasure seekers, and clone army) added to the Humanoids species pack.||2021-08-19|
|8||Balance and Quality of Life Improvements||Balance notes on changes to Void Dwellers and Shattered Rings. QoL notes on Ecumenopolises and other assorted items. Additional information on Civic balance changes.||2021-08-26|
|9||Moddability Updates in Lem||An in depth dev diary on new changes to modding including variable changes, sprite sheets, randomness being actually random, and modder early access request.||2021-09-02|
|10||Release Date and Patch Notes for the 3.1 Lem Update||Patch notes for the 3.1 Lem update and announcement of release date on September 14 2021.||2021-09-09|
|11||Lem is out, what now?||Transcript of the Q&A with developers and new wallpapers||2021-09-16|
|12||3.1.2 "Lem" Patch Update||Patch notes for the 3.1.2 update||2021-09-23|
- Patch 3.0 (Dick)
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Leading Economic Indicators||A new district and reworked building slots||2020-11-05|
|2||And Yet It Moves||Discussion on experimental rework of colony automation and pop resettlement||2020-11-12|
|3||Perfectly Balanced, As All Things Should Be...||Rework of population growth, changes to buildings and districts due to this as well as updates from the two previous Development diaries||2020-11-19|
|4||Signal Discovered||A look at the updated first contact mechanics||2020-11-26|
|5||Intel||Introduction to the concepts and basic mechanics of Intel||2020-12-03|
|6||Happy Holidays & Help Stellaris||Espionage announcement and open job positions||2020-12-17|
|7||[REDACTED]||Introduction to the concepts and basic mechanics of Spy Networks||2021-01-14|
|8||Operations and Assets||A look on spy Operations and Assets||2021-01-21|
|9||Provocations||Discussion on operations of an aggressive nature||2021-01-28|
|10||Become the Crisis||Announcement of Nemesis and preview of the player-controlled crisis||2021-02-04|
|11||The Custodian||Custodian, their diplomatic options and ships||2021-02-11|
|12||Galactic Imperium||The creation and effects of a Galactic Imperium||2021-02-18|
|13||Nemesis Ship Set & Art Direction||Discussion on the ship art and design process||2021-02-25|
|14||VFX in Nemesis||A look at the VFX of Nemesis||2021-03-04|
|15||Scripting Language and Moddability Improvements||Changes to the scripting language/modding in 3.0||2021-03-11|
|16||Announcing the 3.0 'Dick' Update||Announcement of the 3.0 (Philip K. Dick patch) version of Stellaris and some changes to announced features||2021-03-18|
|17||Directing Nemesis||Daniel Moregård discusses the challenges in creating and balancing systems in Nemesis||2021-03-25|
|18||Challenging Origins||April Fools' Day joke||2021-04-01|
|19||Nemesis patch notes||Patch notes for version 3.0||2021-04-08|
|20||Nemesis - Attack of the Patch Notes||Patch notes for version 3.0.1||2021-04-14|
|21||A post-Nemesis address||Addressing issues and complaints with version 3.0 'Dick'||2021-04-22|
|22||3.0.3 Beta Updates||Highlighting changes planned in version 3.0.3 and that is currently available in the beta branch||2021-05-06|
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Forum: Stellaris: Nemesis will release April 15th!, 2021-03-13.