United Federation Of Planets
"A dream that became a reality and spread throughout the stars." – James T. Kirk,
The United Federation of Planets (abbreviated as UFP and commonly referred to as the Federation) was an interstellar federal republic, composed of planetary governments that agreed to exist semi-autonomously under a single central government based on the principles of universal liberty, rights, and equality, and to share their knowledge and resources in peaceful cooperation, scientific development, space exploration and defensive purposes.
One of the most powerful interstellar states in known space, it encompassed 8.000 light years. The total number of formal member worlds was over one hundred and fifty.
Unlike its imperial rivals, who derived power from a single species subjugating other races, the Federation's various member worlds joined willingly and were equals in the Federation's democratic society. The Federation Starfleet was incorporated to maintain exploratory, scientific, diplomatic, and defense functions.
In the alternate reality, Captain Christopher Pike described the Starfleet, the Federations primary space-borne navy, as a "peacekeeping and humanitarian armada."
How to create United Federation of Planets
- 1) You must choose one of United Earth, Vulcan, Andorian or Tellarite as your starting race.
- 2) You must NOT be currently in the middle of a "crisis" (e.g. Xindi or Demons).
- 3) You must be in a Coalition with three other Coalition members.
- 4) At least two of these Coalition members need to be from the original four founding races (Human, Vulcan, Andorian or Tellarite).
- 5) At least 15 years must have passed