Jump to navigation Jump to search
| This article or section does not follow the wiki's style guidelines and may need to be rewritten in part or entirely.
Please help us improve this article. See the talk page for a summary of required changes
This article is timeless and should be accurate for any version of the game.
Synthetic Dawn is the 2nd content expansion for Stellaris. It was announced on 2017-08-03 and its release date is still TBA. The expansion is expected to be accompanied by the free 1.8 patch (aka Čapek).
- Machine Empires use the new 'Machine' species class with its own portrait set. Around 12 new machine portraits are planned, including one themed for each existing species class (Fungoid bots, Avian bots, etc)
- A regular Machine Empire is made up entirely of networked drones (exceptions are made by the 3 special civics below) and are built using resources (in the same way as robot pops)
- Different models can be created and built once the 'Machine Template' technology is researched.
- They do not require food, instead using energy for maintenance.
- Organic pops can not be integrated into a machine empire, and must be displaced or purged.
- A special form of purging called 'Grid Amalgamation' - kills pops at a moderate speed, but the pops produce a large amount of energy while being purged (similar to processing for organic empires)
- Machine Empires do not die from old age, but can suffer potentially lethal accidents and malfunctions, though this is fairly rare.
- They also have their own sets of tradition swaps, similar to Hive Minds, including a new 'Versatility' tree that replaces the Diplomacy tree
- They have their own unique personalities, dialogue and interaction with entities such as the Contingency and Fallen Machine Empires.
- Main article: Developer diaries
- Patch 1.9 (Boulle)
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|19||Humanoids Species Pack||A new species pack straight from the artists with additional VIR content.||2017-11-22|
|20||Tech Progression in Cherryh||The release of the Humanoids Species Pack and patch 1.9.||2017-12-07|
- Patch 1.8 (Čapek)
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Crises & The Contingency||Improvements done on the crises front with a major revision of the AI uprising crisis||2017-06-01|
|2||The Čapek Update||Changes and improvements to Habitability and Terraforming coming in 1.8||2017-06-15|
|3||Genemodding Templates||Changes coming to genetic modification in the 1.8 Čapek update||2017-06-22|
|4||Fallen Machine Empire||Tweaks to fallen empires in 1.8 along with a new synthetic-type fallen empire in the upcoming story pack||2017-06-29|
|5||Hive Mind & Tradition Improvements||Added flavor improvements for Hive-Minds/Devouring Swarms along with traditions flavor changes||2017-07-06|
|6||Ethics Voice Packs||New voice-over sets for VIR the trusted in-game friendly advisor||2017-07-13|
|7||Robomodding & Robot Changes||Unique robotic traits, robot template modding and related assortment of robo-changes in the works||2017-07-20|
|8||Ship Component & Balance Changes||Changes to ship design and combat behavior rework||2017-07-27|
|9||Machine Empires||Synthetic Dawn Story Pack & new kinds of robotic empires||2017-08-03|
|10||Machine Uprisings||Machine Uprisings feature in the Synthetic Dawn story pack||2017-08-10|
|11||Synthetic Dawn Music||Andreas Waldetoft, the in-house composer, on the new tracks for synths included in the upcoming story pack||2017-08-17|
|12||Čapek Feature Roundup (part 1)||A round-up of some minor changes and reworks coming in the 1.8 Čapek update||2017-08-24|
|13||Čapek Feature Roundup (part 2)||A continuation of the feature round-up in the 1.8 Čapek update||2017-08-31|
|14||Decadence and Ascension Changes||Awakened empires will now become decadent with time/power and requested changes to ascension paths||2017-09-07|
|15||Čapek/Synthetic Dawn Patch Notes||Changelog for the 1.8 "Čapek" update||2017-09-14|
|16||1.8 Post-Release Support||Update of the beta branch status and current patch notes of patch 1.8.2||2017-10-05|
|17||1.8 Post-Release Support (part 2)||Wrapping up of 1.8 soon and moving on to 1.9||2017-10-12|
|18||Official Sound Track||The Stellaris soundtrack DLC is changed to include all previously released tracks as well as all future track releases||2017-10-19|