Could you explain if there's any kind of perk in giving gifts? The game says you need a diplomatic score of 1 to get the deal accepted but, what if I put more diplomatic score? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (Talk) 20:37, 15 May 2016 (CEST)
- Nope, just gifted colony for ~200 score, they wasn't impressed in any noticeable way. Even more, since I previously insulted them (for the same testing purposes), now they dropped from friendly to wary — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (Talk) 21:28, 15 May 2016 (CEST)
Below is a description of rewrites, where the page has been tagged delete the comments not needed and add in any special instructions.
- Use of you/your: Please change to third person
- Excessive use of bold/capitals: Use italics instead for emphasis, if emphasis is not needed then remove is
- Links in section names: Use the
- Absence of links: Links missing or replaced by bold or italics which do not function
- Poor sectioning: Article should be broken up into easy to understand sections
Rewrote Trade value on seperate page
I found the writeup of Trave Value insufficient. As I did not want to start working from this, I started from scratch. Here is what I made: Trade value It incldues trade value, trade routes, trade protection and piracy, as well as Commerce Pacts and Branch Offices. I think my version is better, but as that is my bias I leave it to a vote wich version we should use in the future.
Forget Trade Routes, just Gate it.
Apparently, if you have Trade Value at a non-Capital Station and an activated Gateway, and a Gateway at your Capital, your traders will happily take the Gateway, rather than mess around with trade routes and pirates and all that fuss. They will also prioritize Gateways over any Trade Routes, and include Gateways into a Trade Route, if that way is shorter. EX: I had a built a Gateway at my Capital, activated a Gateway at a Station nearby, and was building a Gateway at a recently conquered system. The Trade Route leading from the conquered system snaked over to the Activated Gateway, then went directly to the Capital Gateway. Once the Conquered Gateway came online, it skipped snaking to the Activated Gateway entirely, and just went directly to the Capital Gateway. --BarGamer (talk) 21:32, 11 December 2018 (CET)
- I asumed that collection and/or trade routes might use bypasses (Gateways, Wormholes, L-Gate) since they were first explained. I did leave room for such a amendment in my writeup of the Trade Value system. It is nice to finally get a confirmation for that.
- Could you test if only the trade routes will use Gateways? Or would the collection of the Capitol starbase itself also use the bypasses? Even jsut the Traderoutes would be a huge boon, as systems with Starbases can not have a piracy score. But direct collection by the capitol starbase would be even better. --The Founder (talk) 23:46, 11 December 2018 (CET)
- You need a trade route in order to collect trade value? I'm not sure I understand the question. --BarGamer (talk) 04:43, 12 December 2018 (CET)