Star Trek mod
`Enough style changes needed to deserve a rewrite. Mod pages are the mod team's problem and not the PDX wiki team's problem.`
im one of the lead devs of the modding team of New Horizons. i creating this site and dont unterstand ur point.
im just starting to create this wiki page but i stumbled over the not available infobox `mod` that exist for ck2wiki i need a similar infobox to mark this page as mod.
why it doesnt exist?
- It is the policy of the moderating team of the wikis that we do not spend time on the pages for modifications. This means that if a page is started it the responsibility of the modification team to maintain it. This includes keeping the page to the style guide. See here for more details on why. As for the mod template I have copied it from the EU4 wiki to here. If you look at the list of common issues on the Template:Rewrite/doc rewrite documentation page and the Project:Style style guidelines for the wiki you'll see what we'd like to have fixed. I hope this explains it better and if you have any other questions please feel free to ask. Dauth (talk) 22:58, 16 August 2016 (CEST)
Request to add efn template
You seem to be an appropriate guy to go to for this. Can you, or can you at least forward, the notion of adding some of the cite link sequence styles from Wikipedia to here? I know this isn't Wikipedia, but some of those are really useful, and short of having admin priviliges, I can't add them myself. Relevant page to reference is [here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Cite_link_labels]. From what I can tell on that page, you have to fiddle with your Cite.php on this wiki; you additionally need a cite list style to reference, and that can be hosted either directly here on this wiki or maybe some meta-wiki a la Paradox-style (or maybe reference mediawiki.commons?).
The one that I'm specifically looking for is
- I'll forward it onto someone who can make the decision and get back to you with it. Thanks for the suggestion. Dauth (talk) 10:23, 7 December 2016 (CET)
A silly request
Can you create a new page where I can post a walkthrough with the outcome of every decision regarding the Enigmatic Fortress? I want to offer a walkthrough but as far as I know wikis don't have spoiler tags so this is the only alternative I see. I don't see the option to make a new page, probably because I don't use an account as I value my privacy (Yeah, this isn't my real IP :P). — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 14:05, 12 December 2016 (CET)
- We don't hide information on the wikis. The best location is in the description of the Enigmatic fortress on the spaceborne aliens page. You could use a table that's collapsed by default so it would only open if a user opened it. I understand people wanting to maintain their privacy, however we still like signed edits even if they're from a VPN ;) . Dauth (talk) 14:43, 12 December 2016 (CET)
- Very well, I added it there. By the way, just in case moderators are afraid when they see a red edit lower than -100 don't worry, it's likely rewriting or removing info from pre-release pages. And in case they're concerned with my huge list of edits in just a few hours, it's because I'm a perfectionist person. Do it with dedication or don't do it at all :P — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 00:14, 13 December 2016 (CET)
- Don't worry about it. We make a habit of checking every edit before making a decision on it. I think most of my edits in the last 12 months have been reductions in article length. The work on the Enigmatic fortress is good and thanks for all the other contributions. However please sign your edits using four tildes ~~~~. This way future editors can follow the conversation. Dauth (talk) 11:11, 13 December 2016 (CET)
Merge the spaceport and construction pages
Can you merge the spaceport and the construction pages into one page about space stations? The spaceport page is pretty small and the construction page is not linked anywhere on the wiki. I'll work on updating the info about the space stations afterwards if something is old.
EDIT: Also is it possible to change the name of the Alliance pacts page to Federations? Alliances were removed from the game.
- --Signed by 126.96.36.199 16 December 2016
- I've moved the Federation page as suggested. The spaceport and construction pages I'll leave separate for the moment. I think the construction page should link directly to the spaceport page using the main template and a short description. Dauth (talk) 10:39, 17 December 2016 (CET)
- Alright, I was just sad of all the pages which people might not know about because they're not linked on the main page. The reason I never worked on these pages was because I didn't even know they existed before I accidentally saw them on the bottom nabvox.
- --Signed by 188.8.131.52 17 December 2016
- If you check the "What links here" hyperlink on the Construction page, you'll actually see that a lot of pages link to it: Just not the main page. And honestly I think that's fine. There's the search bar if people want to look up a specific topic, and hyperlinks to lead people in relevant locations. Not everything needs to be on the main page; that would indeed be a bit silly. -- Falyreas (talk) 22:11, 17 December 2016 (CET)
It's me again, under a different IP since I have the dynamic kind. Good work with the page although it's still called "Alliance pacts" on the main page, I'd fix that if I could. But that's not why I post this. Can you verify the species page? On the Work Needed page it's in the verification needed list and I don't see any marker on the page to remove. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 02:07, 22 December 2016 (CET)