Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article is timeless and should be accurate for any version of the game.
Expansion features[edit | edit source]
These features are only available if the accompanying DLC is activated.
- Megastructures: Build wondrous structures in your systems including Dyson Spheres and ring worlds, bringing both prestige and major advantages to your race.
- Habitat Stations: Build “tall” and establish space stations that will house more population, serving the role of planets in a small and confined empire.
- Ascension Perks: Collect Unity points and adopt Traditions to unlock Ascension Perks that allow you to customize your empire in unique ways. Follow one of the three Ascension Paths and achieve Biological Mastery, give up your biological forms in a Synthetic Evolution, or unlock the full psionic potential of your species through Transcendence.
- Purge and Slavery Types: Further define the different treatment and purging options of species.
- Native Indoctrination: Help pre-FTL species think in the right way, your way!
- Advanced Civics: Go to the extreme with choosing either Syncretic Evolution, Mechanist or Fanatic Purifiers.
- Hive Minds: Tired of ethics? Become one with yourself!
Free features[edit | edit source]
The 1.5 patch (aka Banks) includes changes to:
- Ethics rework: Reworked empire and pop ethics, along with a better integration with a revamped faction system.
- Faction Interactions: Shift the empire ethics by supporting/oppressing the different factions.
- Unity and Traditions: Collect Unity points and adopt ideas and bonuses that will ease your species' expansion across the stars, unlocking special perks for completing a set.
- Rights and Privileges: Set specific policies for which of the many species under your thumb will have the rights and privileges of full citizenship.
- Refugees and Core Worlds: set policies regarding refugees and core planets.
- Government Rework: Authority determine how power is transferred while civics represent the political and social traditions of the government.
- And more: Unrest, Consumer Goods, Happiness etc.
Dev diaries[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Developer diaries
- Patch 1.6 (Adams)
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|15||Introductions and Farewells||Rikard Åslund (Zoft), master of dad-jokes, passes the project lead torch to newcomer Jamie Wood (Jamor)||2017-04-13|
|16||Beyond Utopia||Revisiting the old priorities list and the future beyond Utopia||2017-04-20|
|17||The Adams Update (part 1)||Ruined megastructures, split taxes sectors, sector stockpiles and new art assets in 1.6 Adams||2017-04-27|
|18||The Adams Update (part 2)||Devouring Swarm civic for Hive Minds, terraforming enhancements, and full patch notes.||2017-05-04|
- Patch 1.5 (Banks)
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Ethics Rework||Reworked empire and pop ethics, as well as a new outlook on factions||2016-12-08|
|2||Unity and Traditions||Banks 1.5 will introduce new mechanics||2016-12-15|
|3||Ascension Perks||The new Ascension mechanic and its following 'species endgame' paths coming in Banks||2017-01-12|
|4||Species Rights||Changes to pops: species rights/obligations, new degrees of slavery and purging, refugees, core worlds and more.||2017-01-19|
|5||Habitats||Your new home above your home||2017-01-26|
|6||Megastructures||Megastructures: the headline feature of the Utopia expansion.||2017-02-02|
|7||Psionics and The Shroud||Psionic Ascension Path||2017-02-09|
|8||Indoctrination, Unrest and Faction Interactions||Wiz goes into details on indoctrinating pre-FTL species, new unrest system for factions and ways to interact with them||2017-02-16|
|9||Government, Civics and Hive Minds||Banks focus on internal politics warrants a government rework||2017-02-23|
|10||Synthetic and Biological Ascension||A closer look at ascension paths||2017-03-02|
|11||Minor Features and Tweaks||Empire-wide Food, Terraforming Candidate anomaly, War Demand cost reducing, UI improvements||2017-03-09|
|12||The Music of Utopia||Andreas Waldetoft composed some new music||2017-03-16|
|13||Graphics & Interface in Banks||Changes to the map in Banks||2017-03-23|
|14||Update 1.5 Banks Patch Notes||Full Patch Notes||2017-03-30|
References[edit | edit source]
- Forum, Perfect Your Galactic Empire in Stellaris: Utopia, 2017-02-02
- Forum, Stellaris Allow You to Lead Your Species to Utopia on April 6, 2017-02-27